All outdoor flags have a canvas heading with brass grommets. This version of the Confederate Flag, with its unusual 13 Star arrangement, was adopted by General Lee for use at his headquarters. General Lee's own flag is on display at the Museum of the Confederacy in Richmond Virginia.
This flag was in use during the crusades and it was one of the national emblems of England as early as 1277. In 1497, this flag was flown by John and Sebastian Cabot on their voyages from England to New Foundland and the North American continent, as well as by other English explorers, including Francis Drake, Sir Humphrey Gilbert and Sir Walter Raleigh.
This flag represented a group of about one hundred minutemen from Culpeper, Virginia. The group formed part of Colonel Patrick Henry's First Virginia Regiment of 1775. In October-November, 1775, three hundred such minutemen, led by Colonel Stevens, assembled at Culpeper Court House and marched for Williamsburg.
The Burgundy cross, based on the wooden cross where St. Andrew was crucified, is an old vexillological symbol used by Spain, especially at sea, for many years. In much more recent times, it was used by the Carlists (Requetés) during the Spanish Civil War and afterwards, and by the Traditionalist Party (Partido Tradicionalista) during the post-Franco years.